Song Countdown (5)

5 ) 자우림 - 27
Two years ago, I bought a Korean CD. It's the last Korean CD I have ever
bought since. My then-housemate said that I must be a real fan of 자유림 to buy their CD. I guess she's right. I even went to their concert. This rock band used to be dark and moody but they have since mellowed with age, but still very quirky.

The lead singer, 김윤아, is what the koreans call a "fashionsta". Trivial: She's married to a ex-entertainer who is a dentist now.

One of my favorite song to sing in 노래방 is 하하하송. It's from my fave 자우림 album, All You Need is Love.



A song I really like from their last full-length original album, Ruby Sapphire Diamond is "27". At their concert, it was revealed that the guitarist wrote it for a girl who worked at a cafe they frequented near their recording studio. The guitarist never approached her, but just kinda had a silent major crush on her. It was 10 years ago, when he was 27. Yes, he's the grumpy-looking shaggy-haired one.

No comments: