Song Countdown (3)

3 ) Big Bang - All Their Hit Songs

When I was at the hairdresser's, I think 2 years ago, in Seoul, the young assistant asked me which entertainer I liked, I always say 설경구 (who??!). But this time, somehow I proceeded to say I like Big Bang because 대성 is so funny. I was probably trying to act young and trendy. And the girl said she liked Big Bang too. And I said, I used to not understand why they were so popular, because they were so UGLY. We both agreed that they are really talented, and better than ____________. ( I dun want no hate mails).


붉은노을 MV has a really meaningful message. It's encouraging people to go back to 서해 (West Sea) which was polluted by an oil spill in Dec 2007.
That area was popular for its scenery and seafood and had seen tourism dropped after the oil spill.



*SPOILER ALERT* I didn't choose any of BB's songs eventually because their songs have too many English words and are too fast. However my main grouse is, as much as I LOVE GD, he sings like angmohs trying to speak Singlish. He over-stresses and elongates the vowel. Personally, I think it's cool, but definitely not a good example for students.

No comments: